The 2019 Portrush Open is located on the beautiful Causeway Coast of Northern Ireland. This guide shows you the top 10 places to enjoy our stunning coastline whilst you eat during your time with us. Most are within 20 minutes drive of The Open. We have linked to the Tripadvisor reviews so you can get an independent view of the places shown, see more photos and from there follow the links through to their websites or social pages. We would advise booking early if you can for these venues as they are likely to get booked up quickly.
Harrys Shack (on beach)
Located on the beach at Portstewart Strand Harry’s Shack has great food in a great location.
Image courtesy of Martina Gardiner Photography
Roarks Kitchen (GOT location)
Right in the middle of a famous Game of Thrones film set, this lovely little cafe is a treat. Recommend Irish stew and wheaten!
Image courtesy of Mark Casey Photography
55 Degree North (Portrush)
The white building on the right surrounded by the grass – great food with a lovely view over East Strand with Royal Portrush Golf Club where The Open is above the dunes on the right.
Royal Court (overlooks The Open)
Perched on the hill over White Rocks beach this is a spectacular location that overlooks Royal Portrush Golf Club where The Open is, so you can have a look whilst you have a beer/wine. Thomas McVea at www.virtualvisittours.com has kindly provided us with a free virtual tour of the view of the Portrush Open from the Royal Court Hotel below. Thanks Thomas! Please head to his site for more great 360 tours of NI and Ireland.
Portballintrae is a gorgeous little harbour with a great beach. The Bayview has a lovely menu and is an idyllic setting for a meal.
The favourite cafe of the founders of this site, Koko is a lovely discovery. It’s a bit hidden and doesn’t look much from the street … and then you walk through to the view. Lovely people who run it.
Babushka (Portrush harbour)
Probably the quaintest setting on the Causeway Coast. Small place with a big heart! Unique, a lovely experience.
Tides (Great views)
An incredible view and outstanding food. Extremely popular so book early. Located on the Par 3 Ballyreagh Golf Course so you can watch golfers and the view whilst you eat.
Ramore (Portrush Harbour)
One of the most popular restaurants on the Causeway Coast, 4 restaurants in one – Harbour Bar, Harbour Bistro, Neptune & Prawn, The Mermaid and a Wine Bar. Great setting in the middle of this quaint harbour.
Sea Shed Coffee & Surf
Very cool, ‘surfer dude’ vibe as run by the surf guys down there. Brilliant hang out place.
Other useful portrushopen2019.com / Causeway Coast Guides
- Top 5 ‘Must do’ before you go home
- Guide to Northern Irish slang at The Portrush Open 2019
- Top 10 things to do on the Causeway Coast
- Top 10 Causeway Coast Seaview Eateries
- Top 3 Best Fish & Chip shops on the Causeway Coast
- Top 3 Causeway Coast authentic Northern Irish eating experiences
- Causeway Coast beach guide
- Causeway Coast surf guide
- Top 10 Golf Links courses in Northern Ireland
- How safe is Northern Ireland and The Portrush Open?
- How to get around Northern Ireland during The Portrush Open
- Guide to the local foods of Northern Ireland
- Currency of Northern Ireland explained
- Portrush Open 2019 | Northern Ireland Weather Guide
- How to trace your Irish ancestry whilst you’re here
- How to have a Gaelic tourism experience in NI